Develop your expertise
Undertake further study around your job in nursing to expand your knowledge.
If you're a qualified nurse looking to expand your knowledge and build on your professional experience, our CPD courses enable you to do so while gaining an academic award.
Our CPD courses can prepare you for new opportunities in leadership, clinical practice, research and teaching.
- Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice (Nursing) (MSc)
- Approaches to Mental Health Theory (CPD units)
- Independent Prescribing (short CPD course)
- Medical and Health Education (PGCert/CPD units)
- Nursing, midwifery and social work Level 6 (UG CPD units)
- Nursing, midwifery and social work Level 7 (PG CPD units)
- Specialist Practice (Cancer) (MSc)
Details of how to apply can be found on each course page. You can also search a full list of the Faculty's CPD courses.
Placements in experimental medicine
Experience research through short, flexible taster placements with the NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (MBRC).
These placements are designed for nurses, midwives, pharmacists and all allied healthcare professionals.
Learn more: Training (MBRC website)
How can we help?
If you have a query about a specific course, including admissions-related questions, you will find contact details for that programme on the relevant course page.
If you're a business and want to find out how we can help you with CPD for your staff, please refer to our CPD for businesses page.