Continuing professional development (CPD)
Our CPD courses provide exciting opportunities for qualified nurses, midwives, social workers and other allied health professionals to advance their knowledge and skills for practice and gain an academic award.
We aim to prepare you for advanced roles in clinical practice, management, teaching and research.
- Advanced Clinical Skills (short CPD course)
- Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice (Nursing) (MSc)
- Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice (Social Work) (MSc)
- Advanced Leadership for Professional Practice (Allied Health Profession) (MSc)
- Approaches to Mental Health Theory (CPD units)
- Independent Prescribing (short CPD course)
- Medical and Health Education (PGCert/CPD units)
- Nursing, midwifery and social work Level 6 (UG CPD units)
- Nursing, midwifery and social work Level 7 (PG CPD units)
- Return to Social Work
- Specialist Clinical Training for Healthcare Professionals (CPD units)
- Specialist Practice (Cancer) (MSc)
- Working Psychologically With Older People (CPD)
Placements in experimental medicine
Experience research through short, flexible taster placements with the NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre (MBRC).
These placements are designed for nurses, midwives, pharmacists and all allied healthcare professionals.
- Learn more: Training (MBRC website)
You can also search a full list of the Faculty's CPD courses.