Taught master's in public health and data
Modern public health practitioners need to be adaptable and flexible with an understanding of how to harness the power of data. Manchester is home to a number of experts in public health and primary care as well as biostatistics, health data and informatics.
We offer training for health professionals who want to continue their learning and develop new skills in these areas.
Receive expert training
Learn from both specialist teaching staff and professionals working in UK and global public health and data science, ensuring your knowledge is based on recent research. Real-world case studies from clinical colleagues will see you learn how to apply knowledge to practical scenarios.
Clinical bioinformatics students will learn from a team with several years' experience training clinical bioinformaticians for the NHS, and who have links with the Manchester Centre for Genomic Medicine.
"The modules have all been challenging, but the accessibility of tutor support and their proactive approach to supporting students has meant that I've never felt lost."Sreedhar Krishna / PGCert Clinical Bioinformatics
Learn when it suits you
You can fit study around your other commitments through our innovative, flexible approaches to learning. Campus-based courses will see you take advantage of our excellent facilities, while our distance learning courses will engage you through online lectures, discussions and learning materials.
Connect with students around the world
Students on our distance learning courses will be able to mix with students from a range of disciplines from all over the world. Our public health courses have over 1,500 alumni from more than 80 countries alone.
Make use of modern facilities
As well as using our e-learning platform and on-campus study facilities, students on our data science courses may access sophisticated research and teaching facilities at the Centre for Health Informatics.
The MSc Health Data Science course also has links with local centres and networks such as Health Innovation Manchester and the NW Informatics Skills Development Network.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Communicable Disease Prevention and Control) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Dental Public Health) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Environment and Public Health) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Evidence Based Healthcare) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Global Health) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Health Sciences) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Implementation Science) (MPH)
- Master of Public Health (Occupational Health) (MPH)
- Primary Care (MRes)
- Public Health (MRes)
- Dental Public Health (MRes)
- Clinical Bioinformatics (PGCert)
- Health Data Science (MSc)
- Health Informatics (MSc)
- Occupational Hygiene (MSc)
- Occupational Medicine (MSc)
"On the whole, the course provided me with the foundations to undertake a PhD in Health Data Science at The University of Manchester. It has also made me view public health issues differently, especially the current Coronavirus pandemic."Ceri Jones / Graduate, Master of Public Health (MPH)