Postgraduate CPD units in nursing, midwifery and social work
We offer a wide range of Level 7 units for health professionals looking to improve their skills and further their careers through CPD.
Our CPD units are available to both those working in nursing, midwifery and social work and other health practitioners.
You can study individual units as standalone short courses, or build up the credits earned through individual units to contribute towards a postgraduate award.
Our CPD units
Units available in Semester 1
- Acute Oncology (15 credits) [September start]
- Advanced Evidence-Based Practice
- CAR-T Cell Therapy (5 credits) [2 days in November]
- Critical Appraisal and Evidence Synthesis
- Delivery of Systematic Anti-Cancer Therapies for Solid Tumour Malignancies (15 credits) [September start]
- Dissertation (60 credits) [September start]
- Enhancing Neonatal Nursing Practice (40 credits)
- Family Intervention in Psychosis and Bipolar Disorder
- Foundations in Cancer Care (40 credits) [September start]
- Independent Prescribing* (30 credits)
- Independent Study (15 credits) [September start]
- Intensive Care of the Neonate (20 credits) [September start]
- Reflective Teaching and Learning Practice (15 credits)
- Leadership in Professional Practice
- Pain Management (15 credits) [October start]
- Principles of Haematology Oncology (15 credits) [October start]
- Infection Prevention and Control in Clinical Practice (15 credits) [September start]
- Research Design
- Theory and Practice of Ophthalmic Care and Management (15 credits) [September start]
- Urological Cancer (15 credits) [October start]
Units available in Semester 2
- Adult Safeguarding (15 credits) [February start]
- Colorectal Cancer
- Dementia: A Person-Centred Approach to Enhancing Care, Support and Wellbeing (15 credits) [February start]
- Developing Practice, Managing Change (15 credits) [February start]
- Effective Strategies for Advanced Communication (15 credits) [January start]
- Gynaecological Cancer
- Independent Prescribing* (30 credits)
- Independent Study (15 credits) [February start]
- Lung Cancer (15 credits) [start date TBC]
- Leadership and management in Infection Prevention and Control (30 credits) [January start]
- Living with and beyond cancer
- Managing Research in the Clinical Setting
- Newborn Infant Physical Examination Clinical Practice (15 credits) [June start]
- Physical Health Promotion and Well-being in People with Psychosis
- Public Health and the prevention of Cancer
- Principles and Practice of Breast Care Nursing (30 credits) [January start]
- Qualitative Research Design and Analysis
- Quantitative Research Design and Analysis
- Promoting Effective Practice and Support in Palliative Care (15 credits) [January start]
- Practical Radiotherapy (15 credits) [start date TBC]
- Renal Nursing (15 credits) [start date TBC]
- Supervising Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners in Primary Mental Health Care (15 credits) [start date TBC]
- Urological Cancers (15 credits) [start date TBC]
Please note that dates are provisional and may be subject to change. Detailed timetables will be available once you have registered for a unit.
Standalone units for CPD (2018/19)
- UK/EU students: £1,200 per 15-credit unit (£2,400 dissertation)
- International students: £2,700 per 15-credit unit (£5,400 dissertation)
* For the Independent Prescribing short course, please refer to the course entry for fees and funding information.
For self-funded or organisation-funded (non-SLA) courses, please complete the following forms and return them to the address at the top of the application form:
- CPD application form (Word, 58 KB) - this document includes a funding confirmation form
- MSc funding confirmation form (Word, 48 KB) - please use this if you are already registered on a pathway, and are submitting an application/confirmation of funding for the next unit as part of your pathway plan.
Limited funding may be available through the Continuing Education Service Level Agreement (SLA) for staff working in the NHS in the north-west. Please contact your trust for further information.
For more information about our CPD courses, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0)161 306 7605.
"I felt well supported by my tutor and the lecturers were very knowledgeable in their area of teaching. I liked the course leaders' use of external speakers in specialist areas."Silvia Collins / Newborn Infant Physical Examination unit