Postgraduate CPD units in nursing, midwifery and social work
We offer a wide range of Level 7 units for health professionals looking to improve their skills and further their careers through CPD.
Our CPD units are available to both those working in nursing, midwifery and social work and other health practitioners.
You can study individual units as standalone short courses, or build up the credits earned through individual units to contribute towards a postgraduate award.
Our CPD units
Please see our schedules for provisional study dates for the below units:
- 2017/18 Level 7 CPD timetable (PDF, 98KB)
General CPD units
- Multiprofessional Support for Learning and Assessment in Practice (Mentorship) (15 credits)
- Independent Study (15 credits)
- Introduction to Evidence Based Advanced Practice (30 credits)
- Pain Management (15 credits)
- Principles of Infection Prevention and Control (30 credits)
- Developing Practice, Managing Change (15 credits)
- Health Promotion Theory and Needs (15 credits)
- Introduction to Reflective Teaching and Learning (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Cancer and palliative care CPD units
The following units are taken from our Specialist Practice (Cancer) MSc:
- Effective Strategies for Advanced Communication (15 credits)
- Foundations in Cancer Care (30 credits)
- Principles and Practice of Breast Care (30 credits)
- Promoting Effective Practice and Support in Palliative Care (15 credits)
- Principles of Haematology Oncology (15 credits)
Critical and surgical care CPD units
- Renal Nursing (15 credits)
- Theory and Practice of Ophthalmic Care and Management (15 credits)
Maternal and child health CPD units
Mental health CPD units
For self-funded or organisation-funded (non-SLA) courses, please complete the following forms and return them to the address at the top of the application form:
- CPD application form (Word, 58 KB) - this document includes a funding confirmation form
- MSc funding confirmation form (Word, 48 KB) - please use this if you are already registered on a pathway, and are submitting an application/confirmation of funding for the next unit as part of your pathway plan.
Limited funding may be available through the Continuing Education Service Level Agreement (SLA) for staff working in the NHS in the north-west. Please contact your trust for further information.
For more information about our CPD courses, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)161 306 7604.
"I felt well supported by my tutor and the lecturers were very knowledgeable in their area of teaching. I liked the course leaders' use of external speakers in specialist areas."Silvia Collins / Newborn Infant Physical Examination unit