Mobile menu icon
Mobile menu icon Search iconSearch
Search type


Here are all the contact details you will need as a public contributor in the Faculty of Biology Medicine and Health.

Your main point of contact will be the Social Responsibility team, who you can contact at

If you require any advice or guidance regarding patient and public involvement and engagement, please get in touch.

Other useful contacts and links

If you have been to our induction training, we will have referred to some of these organisations. We have put together this list so you can find them all in one place:

Public engagement at Manchester

Through a wide range of activities, events and resources, the engagement team provides the opportunity for people to share ideas and information about the different ways they can get involved.



INVOLVE is part of, and funded by, the National Institute for Health Research, to support active public involvement in NHS, public health and social care research. It is one of the few government funded programmes of its kind in the world.


See also: INVOLVE payment and recognition guidance

National Co-ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE)

NCCPE was founded in 2008 and has since gained an international reputation for encouraging and supporting universities to engage with the public. It is funded by UKRI, the devolved higher education funding bodies, and Wellcome, all of which aim to support a culture change in the UK higher education sector.


Health Talk

Health Talk provides information and support for a range of health issues by seeing and hearing people's real life experiences. Thousands of people have shared their experiences on film to help you understand what it’s really like to have a health condition such as breast cancer or arthritis, and how health issues affect everyday life.


Research Design Service North West (RDS NW)

RDS NW provides design and methodological support to health and social care researchers in north-west England to develop grant applications to the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) and other open national peer-reviewed funding programmes. It is funded by the NIHR.

Website: Research Design Service North West (RDS NW)