Public health and primary care CPD courses
We offer training for professionals who want to continue their learning and development in public health.
Our professional development programme offers an innovative approach to learning, enabling us to meet training needs for health professionals interested in a career in public health or those seeking new skills.
Contemporary public health practice requires practitioners to be adaptable and flexible, with a broad experience of a range of subject areas.
Our CPD programme enables professionals to register for any of our single course units and study alongside students on one of our full degree programmes. Students receive a transcript on successful completion.
There is also the opportunity to request accreditation (APL) of these course units towards a complete degree at The University of Manchester or elsewhere.
Our CPD courses
- Personal Professional Development programme (take individual CPD course units on their own or combine several)
Distance learning course units:
- Evidence Based Practice (15 credits)
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology (15 credits)
- Communicable Disease Control (15 credits)
- Emergency Humanitarian Assistance (15 credits)
- Health Promotion Theory and Methods (15 credits)
- Primary Health Care (15 credits)
- Qualitative Research Methods (15 credits)
- Biostatistics (15 credits)
- Advanced Epidemiology (15 credits)
- Emergency Planning, Response and Resilience (15 credits)
- Health Economics (15 credits)
- Health Systems in Low income Countries (15 credits)
- Impact, Information and Evaluation (15 credits)
- Working with Communities (15 credits)
- Global Health in the 21st Century (15 credits)
- Global Women's Public Health (15 credits)
Blended learning course units:
- UK Leadership and Public Health Strategy (15 credits)
- Intercultural Public Health (15 credits)
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing in Practice (15 credits)
We also offer a range of courses for professionals who wish to work towards a full postgraduate award, including the Master of Public Health and various courses in primary care and dental public health.
Please visit the Public Health and Primary Care section for more details on these courses.
"As a clinician, I am always looking for ways of helping people beyond what my medicine and surgical procedures can do. The MPH has enabled me to look at medical practice with both clinical and public health lenses."Daniel Semakula / Research Officer, Fair Tests Project, Makerere University College of Health Sciences (Uganda)
Follow us on social media
- Twitter: @ManchesterMPH
- Facebook: Public Health Postgraduate Education by Distance Learning