Psychology and mental health
We offer a range of CPD courses and events in psychology and mental health.
Whether you want to build up credits to put towards a postgraduate degree or learn about a particular topic through a workshop, our CPD courses and events can help you. Our areas of expertise include forensic mental health, which is represented by our Forensic Academy.
Our CPD courses
- Specialist Clinical Training for Healthcare Professionals (CPD units)
- Therapeutics (15 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Healthcare (15 credits)
- Advanced History Taking, Clinical and Communication Skills (15 credits)
General mental health and psychiatry
- Approaches to Mental Health Theory (CPD course units)
- Critical Decision Making (15 credits)
- The Role of the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) (15 credits)
- Applied Psychiatry (15 credits)
- Applied Law and Risk (15 credits)
- Applied Law and Capacity (15 credits)
- Best Interest Assessor (15 credits)
- Empathy Skills Training (CPD event)
- Liaison Psychiatry (CPD event)
Forensic mental health
- Forensic Academy (CPD events)
See the Forensic Academy page for a full list of events, including Historical Clinical and Risk (HCR-20): version 3, International Personality Disorder Examination (IPDE), Prevent: Counter-Terrorism Strategy, Promoting Risk Interventions by Situational Management (PRISM), Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) and SAPROF.
We also offer a range of course for professionals who wish to work towards a full postgraduate award (MSc/PGDip/PGCert), including courses in:
- forensic psychology and mental health
- primary mental health care.
Please visit our taught master's section for more details on these courses.
"Suicidal Behaviour in Secure Environments is a very well presented and thoughtful course which will enhance service provision."Past participant / Suicidal Behaviour in Secure Environments CPD event
Follow us on social media
- National Confidential Inquiry into Suicide and Homicide by people with mental illness: @NCISH_UK
- Forensic Academy: @forensicacademy
Experience research through short, flexible taster placements with the NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre. Designed for nurses, midwives, pharmacists and all allied healthcare professionals.
Read more on the MBRC website