Personal Professional Development (Public Health and Primary Care) / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- PG Credit
- 1-2 years (PT)
- Entry requirements
We will consider applications demonstrating professional experience related to these CPD courses.
- Number of places/applicants
- Typically 20 places per intake (September and January)
- How to apply
You should apply for our CPD units by completing our online application form . See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Develop new or existing skills and knowledge in various areas of public health and primary care if you are a health professional.
- Cover topics ranging from evidence-based practice and health economics to emergency humanitarian assistance.
- Fit your learning around other commitments through our largely online courses.
- Take individual units as standalone CPD courses or choose multiple units to build credits for a PGCert, PGDip or master's qualification.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2018).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
Modular (part-time distance learning)
UK students (per annum): £950 per 15 credits
International students (per annum): £1,850 per 15 credits
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an alumni bursary of a 10% reduction towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught master's programmes in 2019.
The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- have graduated since 2013;
- hold a first class or 2:1 honours degree;
- have home or overseas fee status;
- are registered for MSC, PGDip or PGCert
- are applying for full- or part-time study;
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support.
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the alumni bursary criteria so there is no application process.
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Contact name
- Postgraduate Admissions Team
- +44 (0)161 306 0604
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health