PhD/MPhil Experimental Psychology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- PhD 3-4 years, MPhil 1 year
- Entry requirements
We require applicants to hold, or be about to obtain, an Upper Second class Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in a related subject area for entry to a PhD programme. A Lower Second class Honours degree may be considered if applicants also hold a Master's degree with a Merit classification.
- How to apply
See full guidance on how to choose a project and submit an application on our website . You should then complete the online application form to apply for this programme. Ensure you include all required supporting documents at the time of submission, or this may delay the processing of your application.
Applications must be submitted online well in advance of your anticipated start date (6 weeks for Home/EU, 12 weeks for overseas). We cannot accept late applications without prior agreement via the Doctoral Academy.
September entry - apply by 15 July
January entry - apply by 15 November
April entry - apply by 15 February
September entry - apply by 1 st week of June
January entry - apply by 1 st week of October
April entry - apply by 1 st week of January
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Learn from some of Europe's leading researchers while undertaking your own project.
- Access some of the best research facilities in the world at both the University and in hospitals around Greater Manchester.
- Undergo training in transferable skills critical to developing early-stage researchers and professionals through the Doctoral Academy's training programme.
- Conduct research at a university ranked 7th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2018).