Ophthalmology and Optometry (CPD units) / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- PG Credit
- 11 weeks
- Entry requirements
All applicants need to be qualified optometrists or healthcare professionals with ophthalmic experience.
- Number of places/applicants
- Glaucoma - 30 places
- Macular Degeneration - 10 places
- Retinal Vascular Disease - 10 places
- How to apply
You can apply for one of our CPD units by completing our online application form . See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Improve your understanding and knowledge of treatment of glaucoma (accredited by the College of Optometrists), macular degeneration and retinal vascular disease.
- Hear from academic and clinically qualified staff at the University and Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
- Go on to complete our MSc in Investigative Ophthalmology and Vision Sciences if you wish.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK for medicine and 6th for biological sciences (QS World University Rankings 2017).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £1,200 per 15 credit module
International students (per annum): £2,700 per 15 credit module
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
Self-funded international applicants for this course will be required to pay a deposit of £1000 towards their tuition fees before a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is issued. This deposit will only be refunded if immigration permission is refused. We will notify you about how and when to make this payment.
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 275 1798
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health