Doctoral Academy Training Programme
Our training programme is delivered in partnership with the University's Researcher Development Team and provides foundation and intermediate level training at key stages of your postgraduate research degree to ensure timely completion, generic skills development and increased future employability.
We provide postgraduate researchers (PGRs) with access to a wide range of professional, personal and career development training and opportunities to support them to complete their research degree and successfully transition to the next stage of their career. We are committed to creating an environment that allows all PGRs to strive for excellence and develop to their full potential.
Our training is aligned to the Researcher Development Framework (RDF), a national framework that sets out the knowledge, attributes and behaviours of successful researchers. All our training and development opportunities have been grouped according to the four domains of the RDF. If you have any further questions about the Doctoral Academy training programme, please contact us.
Researcher Development Training
Access the Researcher Development website and see all of the scheduled training for PGRs.
View the latest timetable for the Doctoral Academy Training Programme for the upcoming months as a PDF.
- FBMHS1100: Academic Writing introduction (ULC)
- FBMHS1101: An Introduction to Academic Writing (FBMH)
- FBMHS8011: Online writing retreat
- FBMHS1301: Critical Analysis of Research Papers
- FBMHS3015: Final Year: Managing your eThesis Submission
- FBMHS1306: Statistics Support and Resources: Introductory Level
- FBMHS1310: Statistics Support and Resources: Intermediate Level
- FBMHS1309: Basic Introduction to Statistics in Research
- FBMHS1307: Fundamentals of Statistics for Researchers
- FBMHS1304: An Introduction to Collecting and Analysing Qualitative Interview Data
- Online Blackboard course: Skills training: Research Methods, Qualitative Research Methods, Statistics
- FBMHS6013: Introduction to Research Publications
- FBMHS6015: Strategic Publishing and Journal Reviewing
- FBMHS2303: Systematic Review Training (2-days)
- FBMHS4305: Lay Abstracts with Impact
- FBMHS1102: Introduction to Effective Presentations Skills
- FBMHS3101: Taking your presentation skills to the next level
- FBMHS6014: Taking your Research Presentation Skills to the next level
- FBMHS2015: Getting the most out of research conferences
- FBMHS2104: Communicating Effectively
- Online Blackboard course: Communicating Assertively
- Online Blackboard course: Introduction to Research Grant Applications
Teaching and learning
- FBMHS6018: Introduction to Public & Patient Involvement (PPI)
- FBMHS2107: Getting Started with Public Engagement
- FBMHS7309: Making a Difference Through Social Responsibility
- FBMHS1013: Research integrity training
- TLCO310: Understanding export controls
- MHSEL0016: Good clinical practice
- FBMHSPGR-IND001-005: Health and Safety
- FBMHS7106: Research Ethics Applications: University & NHS
- TLCO230: Lone working
- FBMHS6012: Introduction to Research Project Management
- FBMHS2108: Adapting your research
- FBMHS6025: Time Management and Stress
- FBMHS2103: Step-by-step guide to influencing effectively
- Online Blackboard course: Preparing for Difficult conversations
- Online Blackboard course: Mindfulness for Postgraduate Researchers
- FBMHS6005: Developing as a Leader
- Researcher Development website - for the latest PGR training courses.
- My Research Essentials (MRE) is the Library's researcher development programme:
- My Learning Essentials(MLE) is the Library's award-winning skills programme:
- Specialist Library Support(SLS) is the Library's skills support programme focusing on more specialist topics:
- Careers Service support
- Disability Advisory and Support Service (DASS)
- Research IT
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
If any training that you have completed doesn't show up on your training catalogue within a week of you completing it, please email us at email@example.com.
For any issues with eProg, contact your administrator in the Doctoral Academy.
If your Blackboard Health and Safety modules still aren't showing ten days after completion, please contact the Doctoral Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org.