MSc (Clin) Periodontology / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- MSc (Clin)
- 3 years FT
- Entry requirements
We require a primary dental qualification from a recognised institution and at least two years' recent experience in general professional practice.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
Please apply via our online application form , following any instructions for completion carefully. See the application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require.
We recommend that you apply as early as possible. We reserve the right to close applications if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Gain the academic knowledge and clinical skills to practice periodontology at an advanced or specialist level.
- Learn how to design and conduct research projects.
- Benefit from our links with the Cochrane Oral Health Group and the World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre for the Treatment of Cranio-Facial Anomalies.
- Have the opportunity to undertake extensive treatment plans and follow integrated courses of care for patients.
- Prepare for Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh MPerio exam.
- Study at a university ranked 4th in the UK and among the top 25 in the world for dentistry (QS world University Rankings 2018).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2019, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £46,000
International students (per annum): £46,000
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for International students, for the course duration at the year of entry). For general fees information please visit: postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an alumni bursary of £1,000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught master's programmes in 2019.
The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2018 or are graduating in 2019;
- hold a first class honours degree;
- have home or overseas fee status;
- are applying for full- or part-time study;
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support.
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the alumni bursary criteria so there is no application process.