MPharm Pharmacy with a Foundation Year / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 5 years
- Typical A-level offer
ABB-AAA (non-science subjects), CDD-BCC (contextual)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
33-35 points for Arts-based students with two Higher Level subjects at grade 6.
- Number of places/applicants
20/300 (home); 5/100 (international)
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Prepare for our MPharm degree if you do not meet the direct entry requirements.
- Take your foundation year at the nearby Xaverian College .
- Study at a university ranked 6th in the UK for pharmacy and pharmacology (Guardian university league table 2017 and QS World University Rankings 2017).
- Open up various careers - our graduates go into the NHS, industry and more.
Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying pharmacy at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases. Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
We work hard to ensure that our course can be completed without significant additional study costs over and above the tuition fee.
The two areas where additional costs can be incurred are travel to clinical placements and reading. In both of these situations, we seek to ensure that additional costs are kept as low as possible.
The University defines low cost as an annual cost that is no more than 1% of the annual home undergraduate fee.
We offer a small fee bursary for international applicants. This will be applied automatically once you register on the course. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a bursary for home/EU students; however, the University offers a scholarship/bursary package .