MBChB Medicine (6 years including foundation year) / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- 6 years
- Typical A-level offer
AAA (including specific subjects)
- Typical International Baccalaureate offer
37 points are required overall to include core points with at least 766 at Higher level.
If Maths and English Language are not offered as part of the Diploma, they should be offered at GCSE or IGCSE at grade B or above.
Higher level subjects should include either:
- three rigorous arts/humanities subjects
- two rigorous arts/humanities subjects and one science subject.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
- Apply through UCAS .
- UCAS course code
- UCAS institution code
- Spend a year preparing for the five-year Medicine MBChB course if you do not have the appropriate science qualifications for direct entry.
- Gain the knowledge and clinical skills required to train as a doctor and become eligible to apply for provisional registration with the General Medical Council.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK for medicine, according to the QS World University Rankings 2017.
- Have the opportunity to study in Europe and intercalate during your degree.
Attending an open day is a great way to find out what studying at Manchester is like. Find out about our upcoming open days .
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be £9,250. Future inflationary increases may also be applied to each subsequent year of your course, subject to government regulations on fee increases.
Tuition fees for international students will be £22,000 per annum for the foundation year and Years 1 and 2. Clinical year fees (Years 3-5) are charged at the future rate which is applicable when you enter Year 3. For students entering Year 3 in September 2018 tuition fees are £40,000.
For general information, please see the undergraduate finance pages.