PhD/MPhil Nursing / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- View tabs
- View full page
- Degree awarded
- Doctor of Philosophy
- PhD 3 years, MPhil 1 year
- Entry requirements
- An honours degree (minimum Upper Second (2:1)) or the overseas equivalent in a relevant subject
- AND a very good MSc/MPhil/MRes degree from a recognised institution
- OR satisfactory work at postgraduate level (which must include some research training) undertaken for the equivalent of at least one year full-time.
NB In exceptional circumstances, we may consider an application from a student without both an undergraduate and post-graduate degree. For example, if they have a first/distinction and research experience.
We also have a four-year programme which is strongly recommended for anyone who:
- has not studied in the UK before;
- has not completed specific research methods training at master's level and received 'very good' grades;
- has not completed a research dissertation at master's level and received 'very good' grades;
- has not scored at least 6.5 in all areas of the IELTS (or equivalent) if English is not their first language.
- How to apply
- You should complete the online application form to apply for this programme. On the online application form select PhD Nursing for the 3 year programme, or the relevant PT/DL options. Ensure you include all required supporting documents at the time of submission, or this may delay the processing of your application.
Early application is advisable. We cannot accept late applications without prior agreement via the Doctoral Academy.
Home/EU applicants - apply by 15 July
Overseas applicants - apply by 1 st week of June
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Learn from some of Europe's leading researchers while undertaking your own project.
- Access some of the best research facilities in the world at both the University and in hospitals around Greater Manchester.
- Undergo training in transferable skills critical to developing early-stage researchers and professionals through the Doctoral Academy's training programme.
- Conduct research at a university ranked 7th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Search for a project
Use our database to find a research project by subject area, supervisor or funding type.
Find out about the research community, facilities and training delivered by our Doctoral Academy.