PhD/MPhil Genetics / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Doctor of Philosophy
- PhD 3-4 years, MPhil 1 year
- How to apply
- See full guidance on how to choose a project and submit an application on our website . You should then complete the online application form to apply for this programme. Ensure you include all required supporting documents at the time of submission, or this may delay the processing of your application.
Please note to apply for this programme, with a supervisor based in the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, you must select the correct programme on the online application form which indicates the Faculty after the programme name.
Applications must be submitted online well in advance of your anticipated start date (6 weeks for Home/EU, 12 weeks for overseas). We cannot accept late applications without prior agreement via the Doctoral Academy.
September entry - apply by 15 July
January entry - apply by 15 November
April entry - apply by 15 February
September entry - apply by 1 st week of June
January entry - apply by 1 st week of October
April entry - apply by 1 st week of January
- Learn from some of Europe's leading researchers while undertaking your own project.
- Access some of the best research facilities in the world at both the University and in hospitals around Greater Manchester.
- Undergo training in transferable skills critical to developing early-stage researchers and professionals through the Doctoral Academy's training programme.
- Conduct research at a university ranked 7th in the UK (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2018 will be Standard TBA, Low £8,500, Medium £15,000, High £20,000. Tuition fees for international students will be Standard £22,000, Low £23,500, Medium £29,500, High £34,500. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
Search for a project
Use our database to find a research project by subject area, supervisor or funding type.
Find out about the research community, facilities and training delivered by our Doctoral Academy.