Taught master's in dentistry
We offer a wide range of taught postgraduate dentistry courses up to master's level. Our courses are designed to help you meet your career development aspirations as a dentistry professional.
We make it easy for you to study while you work thanks to part-time options, and our Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry course is also the first online postgraduate degree in the subject to be launched in the UK.
- Endodontics (MSc)
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (MSc)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MSc/PGDip)
- Paediatric Dentistry (MSc)
- Advanced Restorative Dentistry (MSc/PGDip/PGCert) (online distance learning)
- Evidence-Based Healthcare (MSc)
MSc (Clin) courses
The following three-year courses are designed for applicants who wish to receive full clinical specialty training, rather than the clinical experience that is offered on our shorter, one-year courses.
They include attachments at the Royal College of Surgeons in London, work experience in some of the north-west's best hospitals, and eligibility to sit the Royal College examinations appropriate to the discipline.
- Endodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MSc (Clin))
- Orthodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Periodontology (MSc (Clin))
The following courses can be completed in one year when studied full-time, or over two to five years part-time.
- Medical and Health Education (PGCert)
"Manchester's a natural choice for an MSc. It's got a very good reputation for postgraduate studies and academic support."Charlotte Tams / Orthodontics MSc (Clin) student