Taught master's in dentistry
Meet your career development aspirations as a dentistry professional through our taught master's courses in a range of areas and specialisms.
In-depth clinical training
Study on a campus-based course and you'll receive a significant amount of clinical exposure – up to six weekly sessions. You could work on a range of clinical cases from Greater Manchester's large patient population, including complex cases, while learning from experienced consultant-level clinicians.
"During my clinical MSc, I have been inspired by many skilful clinicians who have guided me through my training and development as a clinician. The academic support, even across faculties, has been so outstanding that it has motivated me to pursue an academic career."Shoukat Ashiti / Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MSc (Clin)
Prepare for specialty exams
Our three-year MSc (Clin) courses develop the skills and experience you need to become eligible to take the Royal College of Surgeons examinations appropriate to your specialty, including attachments at the Royal College in London and work experience in some of the north-west's best hospitals.
"I particularly enjoyed being part of a team. I was the postgraduate representative two years in a row, which allowed me to experience more than just the usual clinical environment. I attended meetings, organised events and was an active team member."Salma Abdulhadi / Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics MSc (Clin)
Get ready for a research career
If you want to undertake a PhD after your master's, you'll benefit from studying at a university conducting research impacting the delivery and quality of dental care, and reducing oral health inequalities. You'll be encouraged to attend and present at conferences, and you can choose either a lab- or review-based dissertation topic.
- Advanced Restorative Dentistry (MSc/PGDip/PGCert) (online distance learning)
- Dental Public Health (MRes)
- Endodontics (Dental Specialties) (MSc)
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (MSc)
- Master of Public Health (Dental Public Health) (MPH)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (Dental Specialties) (MSc/PGDip)
- Paediatric Dentistry (MSc)
MSc (Clin) courses (3 years)
These courses offer full clinical specialty training and include eligibility to sit the Royal College of Surgeons examinations.
- Endodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MSc (Clin))
- Orthodontics (MSc (Clin))
- Periodontology (MSc (Clin))
- Medical and Health Education (PGCert)