UK Leadership and Public Health Strategy
The face of public health is going through rapid changes in Europe and the UK, and the public health workforce has many challenges to contend with.
Our CPD unit in UK Leadership and Public Health Strategy covers public health issues of particular relevance to UK and European students.
We offer a practical approach to supporting people in middle and senior level public health roles who are grappling with the changes affecting the sector. This includes professionals in the health services, local authorities and arm's length and third sector organisations.
The course content is delivered in a blended learning format – part face-to-face and part online. The face-to-face element requires you to attend sessions in Manchester on four days and one evening in June 2017.
This is supported by pre-reading and follow-up activities and assessment in Blackboard, our e-learning platform.
See the UK Leadership and Public Health Strategy Residential Course Outline 2018 (PDF) for more information on the course content.
- Pre-reading will be available from 28 May 2018.
- The compulsory face-to-face element will be held in Manchester from 9am on 21 June to lunchtime on 24 June 2018.
- Assignment 1 is a group presentation on the morning of 24 June 2018 and contributes 40% of the unit marks.
- Online teaching and learning activities will be available from 21 June 2018 and stay open until the end of the unit assessment period (including resit).
- Assignment 2 is due 23 July 2018 (3,000 words) and contributes 60% of the unit marks.
Fees and other costs
- UK/EU students: £900
- International students: £1,700
Students will also need to arrange and pay for four nights' accommodation where they need to stay in Manchester. Refreshments and lunches are catered for by the University.
You should submit an online application to apply for this course.
Applications for CPD units should contain:
- your CV;
- a personal statement outlining the reason for wishing to study the course unit and the unit(s) you wish to apply for;
- English language proof if applicable (see more information on English language requirements).
Create a new postgraduate application by selecting and entering the options as shown below during the online application process.
- Institution: University of Manchester
- Academic Career: Postgraduate Taught
- Mode of Attendance: Distance Learning P/T
- Programme Description: Type in 'Personal Professional Development'
- Select 'Personal Professional Development (Public Health & Primary Care)' from the list of available programmes.
You can get in touch with us about this unit by using the below details:
Tel: +44 (0)161 275 1798