The field of occupational medicine is always evolving, which can make it difficult for professionals to stay abreast of the latest developments.
However, many medical bodies, including the General Medical Council, require medical professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up to date throughout their career to maintain and improve performance.
Our Occupational Medicine CPD online subscription scheme makes it easy for you to ensure your practice remains up to date and gives you the means to meet appraisal and revalidation requirements while paving the way for future career opportunities.
Our subscription scheme can currently be accessed by University of Manchester alumni students only and provides a wealth of membership benefits, including:
- access to high-quality, specialist knowledge and resources as delivered by our Occupational Medicine MSc;
- flexible access through our e-learning platform;
- access to webinars and articles on key issues and topic areas suggested by members;
- membership of a community forum to discuss issues and connect with other members;
- advice and support from leaders in the field of occupational medicine;
- news on the latest research developments through our links to the Centre for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH) and the Health and Occupation Research Network (THOR).
What will the materials cover?
Subscribers will be given online access to up-to-date specialist knowledge and resources required by medical practitioners working in the field of occupational medicine, allowing you to apply the knowledge to your day-to-day work.
The materials adhere closely to the syllabus requirements of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine (FOM) London and Ireland.
Materials will be available in the following areas:
- effect of work on health;
- occupational health law and ethical considerations;
- fitness for work;
- understanding physical agents and workplace hazard management;
- ethical considerations;
- health and workability;
- aspects of good professional behaviour (clinical governance, quality and standard setting).
All members pay an annual subscription fee of £250 in the first year and £90 in subsequent years.
Please note that this subscription is currently for Manchester alumni only. If you graduated from another university and are interested in signing up to the scheme, please contact us so we can consider your request if we do open it up to more professionals in the future.
How to sign up
You can sign up to our subscription and pay online through the University e-store.
If have any questions, please email us at email@example.com or call 0161 275 1798.