BSc Nursing Practice (CPD) / Course details
Year of entry: 2018
Course unit details:
|Unit level||Cont Education/Prof Developmen|
|Teaching period(s)||Variable teaching patterns|
|Offered by||Nursing & Midwifery|
|Available as a free choice unit?||No|
Independent Study offers a flexible mode of study, at both level 6 and 7 as part of our selection of course units across pathways. It also provides a method of obtaining credits in areas pertinent to your practice, where programme adjustments have been made or other course units or methods of study are not available to you.
The aim of this unit is to offer a flexible mode of study to experienced students, and to offer the following Learning Outcomes.
Knowledge and understanding
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of knowledge and understanding of the area or care or client group chosen for review within your independent study.
- Critically analyse and reflect on the current provision of care within the chosen topic
- Critically evaluate that care against the current evidence base make recommendations for the enhancement of care
Transferable skills and personal qualities
- Develop a strategy for the dissemination of recommendation
- Develop an evaluation framework for any change to practice
|Written assignment (inc essay)||100%|
Students will normally have the opportunity to receive feedback on formative work submitted prior to the summative assessment. Other feedback opportunities will also be available in class and online discussion boards. Online feedback is provided in Grademark. Provisional feedback based on internal marking will be made available prior to the Exam Board on the basis that these marks are yet to be ratified at the Exam Board and therefore may be subject to change. A standard feedback mechanism in Grademark is utilised across all postgraduate programmes within the School which provides detailed and constructive feedback on each component and aspect of assessment and identifies areas of strength and those aspects which could be enhanced.
Student feedback is obtained through open discussion forums on blackboard, in class discussions, via formal University unit evaluation forms and also qualitative, in house evaluations at the end of the unit.
|Scheduled activity hours|
|Independent study hours|
|Mary Chaloner||Unit coordinator|