Medical Mycology - CPD courses / Overview
Year of entry: 2019
- Degree awarded
- PG Credit
- 3 weeks - Full time
- How to apply
You should apply for our CPD courses via our online application form . See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form. Please contact email@example.com for details of dates for each CPD course.
You should apply as early as possible; applications will remain open until the beginning of the next academic year. However, we reserve the right to close applications earlier if the course is full.
- Improve your understanding of medical mycology if you are a medical consultant, registrar, clinical scientist or trainee in an infection-related speciality with good background knowledge of medical microbiology and infection.
- Learn from world-leading scientists, mycologists, microbiologists and clinicians.
- Develop your laboratory skills through hands-on sessions and work experience at the NHS Mycology Reference Centre Manchester, clinics and ward rounds.
- Take one course to suit your interests, or combine all four to potentially obtain a PGCert in Medical Mycology.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK for medicine and 6th for biological sciences (QS World University Rankings 2017).
While there are no specific open days planned for these CPD courses, you can visit the University to view our facilities by prior arrangement. Please contact us for further information.
Tuition fees for home/EU students commencing their studies in September 2019 will be £1,500 per 15 credit module. Tuition fees for international students will be £3,400 per 15 credit module. For general information please see the undergraduate finance pages.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an Alumni Bursary of £1000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught Master's programmes in 2018. The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2017 or are graduating in 2018
- hold a first class honours degree
- have home or overseas fee status
- are applying for full or part time study
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the Alumni Bursary criteria so there is no application process.
- Academic department
- Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health
- +44 (0)161 291 2500
- Academic department overview
Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health