Informatics and Biostatistics CPD Units / Course details
Year of entry: 2020
- View tabs
- View full page
If you are interested in studying bioinformatics, informatics and biostatistics at postgraduate level to further your professional prospects, but don't have the time to dedicate to a full master's course, you can take one or more units from our MSc Clinical Science (Bioinformatics) Scientist Training Programme (STP), MSc Genomic Medicine and MSc Health Data Science courses as standalone continuing professional development (CPD) courses.
We offer a range of 15-credit units as short CPD courses to advance your understanding and applied knowledge of informatics and biostatistics and gain the necessary professional and research skills. Our CPD courses are taught mostly as face to face courses using a range of teaching and learning methodologies including lectures, tutorials, workshops and problem based learning exercises.
Further details of each CPD course unit's aims and content can be found below.
- Health Informatics (15 credits)
- Omics Techniques and their Application to Genomic Medicine (15 credits)
- Programming (15 credits)
- Introduction to Clinical Bioinformatics 1 (15 credits)
Health Data Science
- Principles of Digital Biology (15 credits)
- Introduction to Health Informatics (15 credits)
- Health Information Systems and Technologies (15 credits)
- Tutorials in Health Data Science (15 credits)
- Understanding Data and Decision Making (15 credits)
- Fundamental Mathematics & Statistics for Health Data (15 credits)
- Biomedical Modelling for Health Data (15 credits)
Fee information can be found below. Please note that fees differ between units due to the nature of the delivery of the course content.
Course unit list
The course unit details given below are subject to change, and are the latest example of the curriculum available on this course of study.
|Introduction to Clinical Bioinformatics 1||MEDN68300||15||Optional|
Practical support and advice for current students and applicants is available from the Disability Advisory and Support Service .