Our events aim to bring forensic mental health academics and practitioners together and provide a platform for learning, development and networking.
Each year, a range of professionals from across the public and private sectors attend our training events, particularly representatives from the NHS, criminal justice departments (including the police and courts), HM Prison Service, local authorities and the private sector. Our events are facilitated by a range of experts from the field of forensic mental health.
All participants in our CPD events are awarded an official University of Manchester certificate of attendance and can claim CPD credits for their participation.
All event fees include learning materials, lunch and refreshments.
Further details, including fees and trainer information, can be found on the relevant event page:
- SAPROF: The Structured Assessment of Protective Factors (18 December 2018)
- Clinical Skills in Sexual Violence Risk Assessment (15th and 16th January, 2019)
- Pregnancy and Motherhood in Prison (February 2019 - exact date to be confirmed)
- Supporting Individuals with Psychotic Experiences in Forensic Settings (update) (Tuesday 5 March 2019)
- Formulation in Forensic Mental Health Practice (masterclass) (Tuesday 12 March 2019)
- Suicidal Behaviour in Secure Environments (March 2019 - exact date to be confirmed)
- Psychopathy Assessment and Formulation and Use of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) (8-9 April 2019)
- Prevent: Counter-Terrorism Strategy Workshop (date to be confirmed)
- Improving Prison Mental Health Standards (masterclass) (date to be confirmed)
- Working with Complexity: Women's Mental Health Services in Manchester (conference) (date to be confirmed)
- Promoting Risk Interventions by Situational Management (PRISM) (date to be confirmed 2019)
- Forensic Applications of the International Personality Disorder Examination (IPDE) (September 2019 - date to be confirmed)
- Historical Clinical and Risk (HCR-20): Version 3 (Date for 2019 to be confirmed)
We offer a 15% group discount for bookings of three or more participants for any single Forensic Academy event.
Onsite and bespoke training
Would you like forensic mental health training delivered for your staff, on your premises, on a date convenient to you and your team?
We offer a spectrum of onsite and bespoke training routes to reflect your organisation’s budgetary limits, while at the same time providing an opportunity to upskill and expand your employees' capabilities.
- Onsite training: Let the Forensic Academy deliver our high-quality training in the convenience of your workplace. We can take our courses onsite wherever you are. Just contact our dedicated team for a pre-course consultation to discuss your training requirements.
- Bespoke courses: We are able to put together packages targeted specifically to meet the needs of your services. We will explore with you, using a Training Needs Analysis Framework, the best ways to meet your objectives and ensure that the training you receive is relevant and cost-effective.
Both of these routes can be delivered at your premises, so your staff can make the best use of their time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask a question, make a suggestion or request to join our mailing list for updates on upcoming training events.
You can also call us on +44 (0)161 306 7802 or follow us on Twitter: @forensicacademy.
· Clinical Skills in Sexual Violence Risk Assessment