Our events aim to bring forensic mental health academics and practitioners together and provide a platform for learning, development and networking.
Each year, a range of professionals from across the public and private sectors attend our training events, particularly representatives from the NHS, criminal justice departments (including the police and courts), HM Prison Service, local authorities and the private sector. Our events are facilitated by a range of experts from the field of forensic mental health.
All participants in our CPD events are awarded an official University of Manchester certificate of attendance and can claim CPD credits for their participation.
All event fees include learning materials, lunch and refreshments.
Further details, including fees and trainer information, can be found on the relevant event page:
- International Personality Disorder Examination (IPDE) (19-20 September 2017)
- Prevent: Counter-Terrorism Strategy Workshop (25 October 2017)
- Working with Complexity: Women's Mental Health Services in Manchester (conference) (2 November 2017)
- SAPROF: The Structured Assessment of Protective Factors (17 November 2017)
- Psychopathy Assessment and Formulation and Use of the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) (14-15 December 2017)
- Self-Harm in Secure Environments (9 January 2018)
- Risk of Sexual Violence Protocol (RSVP) (22-23 January 2018)
- Supporting Individuals with Psychotic Experiences in Forensic Settings (update) (5 April 2018)
- Formulation in Forensic Mental Health Practice (masterclass) (26 April 2018)
- SAVRY: Structured Assessment of Violence Risk in Youth (summer 2018 - exact date to be confirmed)
- SAPROF: Train the Trainer (date to be confirmed)
- Historical Clinical and Risk (HCR-20): Version 3 (date to be confirmed)
- Suicidal Behaviour in Secure Environments (date to be confirmed)
- Improving Prison Mental Health Standards (masterclass) (date to be confirmed)
- Promoting Risk Interventions by Situational Management (PRISM) (date to be confirmed)
We offer a 15% group discount for bookings of three or more participants for any single Forensic Academy event.
Onsite and bespoke training
Would you like forensic mental health training delivered for your staff, on your premises, on a date convenient to you and your team?
We offer a spectrum of onsite and bespoke training routes to reflect your organisation’s budgetary limits, while at the same time providing an opportunity to upskill and expand your employees' capabilities.
- Onsite training: Let the Forensic Academy deliver our high-quality training in the convenience of your workplace. We can take our courses onsite wherever you are. Just contact our dedicated team for a pre-course consultation to discuss your training requirements.
- Bespoke courses: We are able to put together packages targeted specifically to meet the needs of your services. We will explore with you, using a Training Needs Analysis Framework, the best ways to meet your objectives and ensure that the training you receive is relevant and cost-effective.
Both of these routes can be delivered at your premises, so your staff can make the best use of their time.
Email us at email@example.com to ask a question, make a suggestion or request to join our mailing list for updates on upcoming training events.
You can also call us on +44 (0)161 306 7802 or follow us on Twitter: @forensicacademy.