Social Research with Deaf People (SORD): aims
We carry out our research in line with our key aims.
- To carry out research that will promote and safeguard the wellbeing of d/Deaf individuals and communities.
- To pursue multidisciplinary applied social research connected with family, service and community contexts that involves d/Deaf people.
- To explore, recognise and value Deaf life experiences in their own right.
- To promote and convey d/Deaf people's contribution to health, education and social care policy and practice from an evidence-based perspective.
- To develop Deaf researchers of the future.
- To create an academic environment that promotes the mutual learning and development of d/Deaf and hearing people to equip them for research in this field of study.