Long-Term Conditions research group
The Long-Term Conditions (LTC) research group aims to make a difference to the lives of adults with long-term conditions, their families and carers by improving clinical practice, healthcare outcomes and quality of life.
We work with patients, their families and informal care-givers, and health professionals to:
- develop and implement clinical measurement tools;
- understand the needs and experiences of people with long term conditions from a personal and service perspective;
- elucidate the mechanisms/factors underlying people's problems;
- develop evidence-based interventions and evaluate their effectiveness and impact on service users and clinical services;
- understand and address inequalities in care for people with long term conditions and the health care they have access to.
We do this using a strongly interdisciplinary approach and mixed methodologies.
Find out more about our areas of research focus.
See a list of our most recent publications.