Healthy Ageing research group
The Healthy Ageing research group's work covers a range of areas.
The Healthy Ageing Research Group's research revolves around six inter-related themes for older people and younger older people (retirement age):
- falls and falls prevention
- activity and exercise promotion
- musculo-skeletal conditions and chronic pain management
- use of novel technologies
- social and residential care
- access to services and treatments
The Healthy Ageing Research Group aims to:
- undertake high quality research into older adults and younger older adults with an emphasis on healthy and active ageing so to ensure the promotion of good health and active participation in society
- develop research capacity in the topic of healthy and active ageing
- ensure that the work of the group demonstrates change in policy and practice for older people at a local, national and international level
- engage the involvement of the public and patients in research activities
Our healthy ageing research covers a range of themes.
Find out who is involved with our research.
See a list of our research projects.
See a list of our most recent publications.
Find out how our research has made a positive impact on society.
See the latest news about our research activities in nursing, midwifery and social work.