MSc Pharmaceutical Industrial Advanced Training (PIAT) / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- up to 60 months
- Entry requirements
To study for a PGDip or MSc, you should have a degree-level scientific qualification. If you do not already have the required qualifications to study for the PGDip, you can join the course when you have proved your ability by earning 4 unit credits.
The pharmaceutical industry pathway has some units that require advanced level knowledge of physical and organic chemistry, biology and mathematics. All units require some work and experience within the industry.
- How to apply
All applications must be submitted using our online application form . See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents that we require with your form.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Develop skills in clinical trials, industrial pharmacy, business development and licensing, or microbiology if you work in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Fit study around your other commitments thanks to the part-time distance learning nature of this course.
- Gain industry-recognised qualifications validated by a leading university and the training required for Qualified Person recognition.
- Study at a university ranked 6th in the UK and 16th in the world for pharmacy and pharmacology (QS World University Rankings 2018).
£1,750 per 15 credit module, dissertation £3,500.
The fee is the same for UK/EU and international students.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an Alumni Bursary of £1000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught Master's programmes in 2018. The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2017 or are graduating in 2018
- hold a first class honours degree
- have home or overseas fee status
- are applying for full or part time study
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the Alumni Bursary criteria so there is no application process.