MRes Translational Medicine: Interdisciplinary Molecular Medicine / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Research
- MRes 12 months FT, PGCert 4 months FT 16 months PT
- Entry requirements
We require an honours degree (minimum Upper Second) or overseas equivalent in the biomedical, medical, biological, chemical, biochemical or pharmacological sciences or in medicine, dentistry or veterinary medicine from a recognised university. We will also consider candidates with Upper Second degrees in a relevant analytical, physical or computing science area.
Evidence of previous advanced study, research or professional experience may be accepted as qualification for entry for applicants with a Lower Second or equivalent.
We do not require previous research experience or a developed research proposal from applicants.
Intercalating students must have satisfactorily completed Years 1 to 3 of the MBChB. For St Andrews students, this includes the 3-year course and the following year in Manchester (Year 3 of the Manchester course).
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
Please apply via our online application form . See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your application form.
We recommend you apply as early as possible. The closing date for applications is 9 July 2018. We reserve the right to close applications earlier if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Learn how to apply the molecular basis of disease and drug mechanisms into effective clinical benefit.
- Receive training in omics skills and techniques including genetics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics and metabolomics.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2017).
- Undertake an extended 35-week research project within the University, the Manchester Cancer Research Centre or a teaching hospital in Greater Manchester.
- Intercalating medical students can apply for this MRes.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £11,000
International students (per annum): £23,500
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,400
International students (per annum): £9,400
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for international students for the course duration at the year of entry).
For general fees information please visit postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.