MRes Experimental Medicine (Musculoskeletal) / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Research
- MRes 1 year FT, 36 months PT; PGCert 1 year PT
- Entry requirements
We require an Upper Second undergraduate degree in biomedical, medical, life sciences, pharmaceutics, biotechnology or pharmacy or in medicine, nursing or midwifery from any UK university or overseas equivalent as approved by The University of Manchester.
We also require you to hold existing qualifications to conduct clinical research such as a General Medical Council-registered physician, Nursing and Midwifery Council-registered nurse or clinical trial coordinator, including evidence of current good clinical practice training. Relevant experience and commitment to musculoskeletal research will be beneficial.
- Number of places/applicants
- 4 places.
- How to apply
- Please apply via our online application form , following any instructions for completion carefully. See the Advice to applicants section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Develop the skills for a potential career that involves early phase clinical studies if you are a doctor, nurse, clinical researcher or research programme manager.
- Spend a year working closely with the Experimental Medicine Musculoskeletal Team of the Manchester Biomedical Research Centre while also taking four structured taught course units.
- Open up careers in other experimental Musculoskeletal medicine centres within the UK and EU, as well as careers in academia, the pharmaceutical industry and clinical trials management.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2018).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £11,000
International students (per annum): £23,500
UK/EU students (per annum): Year 1 £4,400, Year 2 £4,400, Year 3 £2,200
International students (per annum): Year 1 £9,400, Year 2 £9,400, Year 3 £4,700
UK/EU students (per annum): £4,400
International students (per annum): £9,400
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, administration and computational costs during your studies. All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely. For general fees information please visit postgraduate fees .
Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.