MSc Molecular Pathology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Science
- Part-time over 3 or 4 years (dual format)
- Entry requirements
We require an undergraduate degree (normally an Upper Second) or overseas equivalent in a relevant biomedical subject, including medicine and nursing. Flexibility on entrance requirements will be applied to candidates with proven appropriate extensive professional experience.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
Please apply via our online application form , following any instructions for completion carefully. See the Application and selection section for details of the supporting documents we require with your form.
We recommend you apply as early as possible; the formal deadline is the end of July. We reserve the right to close applications earlier if the course is full.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Learn about a field of critical importance to translational medicine, with a unique focus on the molecular analysis of tissue samples.
- Four MRC studentships are available to fund tuition fees for 2018 entry.
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2017).
- Choose optional units to suit specific interests, such as proteomics and chemical pathology.
- Connect with colleagues and related opportunities across the UK through our association with the network of MRC and EPSRC-funded Molecular Pathology nodes.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): Year 1 £3,900; Year 2 £3,900; Year 3 £1,950
International students (per annum): Year 1 £8,800, Year 2 £8,800, Year 3 £4,400
UK/EU students (per annum): £1,950
UK/EU students (per annum): £2,600
There are four MRC studentships available for September 2018 entry. The closing date is 30 June 2018 .
To be eligible for the studentship you must be:
- a UK/EU national
- a resident in the EU.
Competition for these studentships is extremely high, so please ensure you submit your online application in time.
The MRC studentships provide full tuition fees for the MSc course. They will be awarded according to your academic record and professional experience. You may be invited to interview.