Additional training for NHS staff
Find out more about non-teaching related training for researchers, clinicians and healthcare professionals. The training is provided in conjunction with our local NHS partners.
NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre
The BRC funding provides Greater Manchester with an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of researchers and equip them with the knowledge and skills to undertake high quality experimental medicine and translational research.
We have brought together expertise from across our partnership to design and deliver a range of training and career development opportunities for all healthcare professionals.
An example is the Themed Discussion and Networking Events, which are designed to provide all staff and students with the opportunity to:
- Update their knowledge and skills on P4 Medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory).
- Raise awareness of the breadth of BRC activity and thereby instil a sense of identity, collegiality and common purpose.
Health Innovation Manchester
Health Innovation Manchester is an academic health science system which has been established to fast track proven innovation into health and social care services.
Health Innovation Manchester aims to provide:
- All staff with opportunities to enhance their skills and progress their careers through continuous professional development;
- Opportunities for healthcare professionals to combine research with their clinical training and practice;
- Opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn more about the science that underpins quality improvement and to put this learning into practice;
- Training and support to encourage innovation in healthcare delivery;
- Healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the challenges of changing patterns of service delivery, patient demographics, health economics and digital healthcare information.