Society membership fund
We help subsidise the cost of one annual membership fee to a relevant academic society for each postgraduate research student over the period of their programme through our society membership fund.
This fund is to enable students to access travel awards and other benefits that may be available to society members, as well as to engage with activities and networking opportunities in their discipline.
The fund is open to all students who are active on a postgraduate research programme (i.e. not during submission pending or under examination) in the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
It will pay £50 towards one annual membership fee during the period of the programme only.
- American Society for Microbiology
- Biochemical Society
- British Mass Spectrometry Society
- British Neuroscience Association
- British Society for Immunology
- British Society for Parasitology
- International Society for Human and Animal Mycology
- Royal Society of Biology
- Society for Applied Microbiology
- Society of the Neurobiology of Language
- The Physiological Society
Computing, engineering and physics
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Institute of Physics
- Association for Veterinary Teaching and Research Work
- British Association for Cancer Research
- British Occupational Hygiene Society
- European Society for Radiotherapy & Oncology
- European Society of Dermatology Research
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- ISPOR - The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Orthopaedic Research Society
- The British Society for Genetic Medicine
- The Chartered Society for Worker Health Protection