Taught master's courses
We offer a wide range of taught postgraduate dentistry courses up to master's level.
Our courses meet the career development and professional aspirations of our alumni and other dentistry professionals.
Many are designed to make it easy for you to study while you work thanks to part-time options. Our Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry PGDip is also the first online postgraduate degree in the subject to be launched in the UK.
- Advanced General Dental Practice (MSc) - subject to approval
- Dental Implantology (MSc/PGDip/PGCert)
- Endodontics (MSc)
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics (MSc)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MSc/PGDip)
- Paediatric Dentistry (MSc) - subject to approval
- Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry (PGDip) (online distance learning)
- Evidence-Based Healthcare (MSc)
- Teaching and Learning in Biology, Medicine and Health (PGCert)
MSc (Clin) 3-year courses
These are extended courses designed for applicants who wish to receive full clinical specialty training, rather than the clinical experience that is offered on our shorter, one-year courses.
- Endodontics MSc (Clin)
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics MSc (Clin)
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery MSc (Clin)
- Orthodontics MSc (Clin)
- Periodontology MSc (Clin)
Features include attachments at the Royal College of Surgeons in London, work experience in some of the north-west's best hospitals, the option to undertake more extensive treatment plans and eligibility to sit the Royal College examinations appropriate to the discipline.
Each of these courses can be completed in one year when studied full-time, or over two to five years part-time.
"Manchester's a natural choice for an MSc. It's got a very good reputation for postgraduate studies and academic support."Charlotte Tams / Orthodontics MSc (Clin) student