Pharmacy Education Virtual Conference 2021: The Digital Switch
The seventh Pharmacy Education Conference will take place on Wednesday 15 September 2021, with additional workshop events taking place on Thursday 16 and Friday 17 September 2021.
This year, the conference will be a virtual event, delivered via a series of webinars, online workshops and an online conference web portal.
This conference seeks to bring together scientists, pharmacists and educators involved in undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy teaching. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues, share good practice and learn about developments in pharmacy education.
Once again we will be inviting colleagues to submit abstracts for the conference, to one of two streams:
- Teaching initiatives/innovation
- Completed evaluation of teaching and pharmacy education research
Full details of how to prepare an abstract for submission to this year's conference in the links can be found below.
Pharmacy Education Virtual Conference Estore
Pharmacy Education Programme 2021
Friday 21 May 2021 at 5pm: Abstracts submission deadline.
Friday 30 July 2021: Authors will be notified of the outcome of their application, and successful abstract authors will be invited to register by 1 September 2021.
Please submit abstracts to: email@example.com.
Previous events have included a keynote address from the following speakers:
- Dr Anne Boyter (University of Strathclyde)
- Damian Day (Head of Education at the General Pharmaceutical Council);
- Dr Keith Ridge (Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, Supporting NHS England, Department of Health and Health Education England);
- Professor Stephanie Marshall (Chief Executive, Higher Education Academy);
- Professor Ian Bates (Professor of Pharmacy Education, UCL. Director, FIP Education);
- Professor Phil Race
- Marc Donovan (Chief Pharmacist, Boots UK)
Previous conferences have also included oral presentations, workshops, posters and a technology showcase.
Papers from previous conferences in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017:
- Abstract booklet 2016 (PDF 1 MB)
- Abstract booklet 2017 (PDF 476 KB)
- Abstract booklet 2018 (PDF 926 KB)
- Abstract booklet 2019 (PDF 2.18 MB)
Please see the link below for the 2017 - 2019 abstracts featured in the Pharmacy Education Journal:
Accepted abstracts PEC 2020