Pharmacy Education conference 2022: Initial Education and Training of Pharmacists in a Post-Pandemic World
The ninth Pharmacy Education Conference will take place on Monday 12 September 2022.
This conference seeks to bring together scientists, pharmacists and educators involved in undergraduate and postgraduate pharmacy teaching. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues, share good practice and learn about developments in pharmacy education.
- View the 2022 programme (PDF)
Once again we are inviting colleagues to submit abstracts for the conference, to one of two streams:
- Completed work
Abstracts presenting scholarship based on COMPLETED pharmacy education research (including completed teaching evaluation) that includes a study design, methods and results.
- Teaching innovation
Abstracts describing INNOVATION in pharmacy education that report novel teaching, learning or assessment approaches which have not yet been fully evaluated.
Abstracts submission deadline: 11th April 2022 5pm
Please submit abstracts to: Pharmacy.firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a conference rate of £75 per delegate for attendance in Manchester or for individual access to the conference blog and online content.
The registration link will be available soon. We are offering the following organisational discounts by prior arrangement only.
If you wish to take advantage of any discount, please contact the conference organising team at email@example.com before making any payment. We are unable to apply a discount after any individual delegates have paid.
- 5 x day delegates for £300
- 4 x day delegates plus organisational online access for colleagues unable to travel to Manchester £300
Previous events have included a keynote address from the following speakers:
- Dr Anne Boyter (University of Strathclyde)
- Damian Day (Head of Education at the General Pharmaceutical Council);
- Dr Keith Ridge (Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, Supporting NHS England, Department of Health and Health Education England);
- Professor Stephanie Marshall (Chief Executive, Higher Education Academy);
- Professor Ian Bates (Professor of Pharmacy Education, UCL. Director, FIP Education);
- Professor Phil Race
- Marc Donovan (Chief Pharmacist, Boots UK)
Previous conferences have also included oral presentations, workshops, posters and a technology showcase.
Papers from previous conferences in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017:
- Abstract booklet 2016 (PDF 1 MB)
- Abstract booklet 2017 (PDF 476 KB)
- Abstract booklet 2018 (PDF 926 KB)
- Abstract booklet 2019 (PDF 2.18 MB)
Please see the link below for the 2017 - 2019 abstracts featured in the Pharmacy Education Journal:
Accepted abstracts PEC 2020
Getting in touch
If you have any questions about the event, please email Pharmacy.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book tickets via the E-store.