Teaching and Learning in Biology, Medicine and Health Sciences Overview
Year of entry: 2017
View tabs | View full page
Why is this course for me?
- Develop your skills in educating and developing the next generation of healthcare workers.
- Exchange ideas and best practice with other healthcare professionals working in a range of disciplines thanks to our unique multidisciplinary learning environment.
- Explore the challenges of and differences within teaching and assessment across all disciplines, supporting your continuing professional development.
- Degree awarded
- Postgraduate Certificate
- Full-time 1 year part-time 2 years
- Entry requirements
An Upper Second degree or overseas equivalent, or registration as a healthcare practitioner with a national council, is required for the PGCert. Significant relevant experience may be considered where the academic qualification falls below an Upper Second class degree.
We also offer a 4 Year International PhD programme that includes this PGCert.
- Number of places/applicants
- Contact email
- Contact telephone
- +44 (0)161 275 5220
- How to apply
Please apply as early as possible. Applications will remain open until the beginning of the next academic year, however, we reserve the right to close applications earlier if the course is full.
Please apply via our online application form for the standalone PGCert.
Please accompany your application with:
- two references (academic or health care professional) on letter-headed paper, signed and dated within six months of the application submission date. References emailed directly from a referee's academic email address will also be accepted. Professional references can be provided if you have been out of university for more than five years prior to applying and the work undertaken is in a field related to the course. We do not contact referees directly, so please inform them yourself;
- copies of official degree certificates (with translations if not in English);
- copies of official university transcripts (with translations if not in English);
- scanned copy of your passport (if you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK)
- proof of English language proficiency (if required);
- personal statement.
Supporting documents can be uploaded with the online application form, or sent directly to email@example.com . After applying, please do not submit documents in any other way without telling us first so we can provide you with the most efficient service.
Please make sure you include your University ID number on any correspondence and do not send any documents before submitting your application.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
You will be well equipped to teach or further your research in this area through both our standalone PGCert and the 4 Year International PhD , which includes the PGCert as part of the programme.
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2017, the tuition fees are as follows:
- PGCert (full-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £3,600
International students (per annum): £8,600
- PGCert (part-time)
UK/EU students (per annum): £1,800 per annum
The University permits applicants with comparable previous experience to submit an application for consideration of Accreditation Prior (Experiential) Learning (AP(E)L). The maximum AP(E)L is 15 credits to a PGCert, 45 credits to a PGDip and 60 credits to an MSc.
If your AP(E)L application is successful, the University charges £30 for every 15 credits of AP(E)L. The overall tuition fee is adjusted and then the administrative charge is applied.