MRes Infection Biology / Overview
Year of entry: 2018
- Degree awarded
- Master of Research
- 1 Year
- Entry requirements
UK or overseas graduates must have a recognized first degree (Upper Second or above, or equivalent) in a biological or biomedical science. Candidates with a Lower Second may be considered subject to interview performance and academic references.
Students with different academic backgrounds and relevant career experience (eg working in the biotech or pharmaceutical industries) will be considered, keeping in mind the academic potential of the individual. Such students will be accepted onto the course on a discretionary basis at application and interview.
We will also accept intercalating medical students who have demonstrated an interest and aptitude in biomedical sciences. This will be assessed both by interview and the production of a personal statement. Minimal requirement for admission will be satisfactory achievement in years 1-3 of the undergraduate medical programme.
- Number of places/applicants
- How to apply
You can apply for this course by completing our online application form . See the Application and selection section for details of the supporting document that we require.
|Full-time||Part-time||Full-time distance learning||Part-time distance learning|
- Join the global fight to tackle infectious diseases which threaten humanity.
- Learn the skills and knowledge you need to pursue a career in infectious diseases research.
- Learn directly from internationally recognised scientists and access state-of-the-art technologies in infectious diseases research
- Study at a university ranked 9th in the UK and among the top 50 in the world for medicine (QS World University Rankings 2017).
For entry in the academic year beginning September 2018, the tuition fees are as follows:
UK/EU students (per annum): £11,000
International students (per annum): £23,500
The fees quoted above will be fully inclusive for the course tuition, research project and administration during your studies.
All fees for entry will be subject to yearly review and incremental rises per annum are also likely over the duration of courses lasting more than a year for UK/EU students (fees are typically fixed for international students for the course duration at the year of entry).
For general fees information please visit postgraduate fees . Always contact the department if you are unsure which fee applies to your qualification award and method of attendance.
The Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health offers an Alumni Bursary of £1000 towards tuition fees for successful applicants who are recent University of Manchester graduates and who are commencing one of our postgraduate taught Master's programmes in 2018. The bursary is available to students or alumni who:
- graduated in 2017 or are graduating in 2018
- hold a first class honours degree
- have home or overseas fee status
- are applying for full or part time study
- are self-funded and not in receipt of any other funding support
The bursary will be applied as a fee reduction automatically for those students and alumni who meet the Alumni Bursary criteria so there is no application process.