MSc History of Science, Technology and Medicine (including Medical Humanities award route) / Application and selection
Year of entry: 2018
How to apply
You should apply for this course via our online application form . See the Application and selection section for details of the supporting documents that we require with your form.
Please indicate in the text of your application whether you are applying for the core History of Science, Technology and Medicine pathway or the Medical Humanities pathway.
Advice to applicants
We require the following documents before we can consider your application.
- Official transcript of your studies to date. As far as possible, this should include details of grades achieved for individual modules or courses. If the transcript is generated in a language other than English, you should also include a translation.
- Two academic references on letter headed paper. These can be scanned and uploaded when you apply, or emailed separately by the referees to email@example.com . We do not request references on your behalf and it is your responsibility to ensure your referees know how to provide your reference to us.
- Degree certificate (if you have already graduated).
- Personal statement of one to two pages, explaining your background and interest in the course.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) outlining your career and/or study history.
- If English is not your first language, we require proof of your English language ability. If you have already taken an English language qualification, please include your certificate with your application. We may be willing to consider your application without this document, but if we choose to make you an offer, the conditions will include IELTS (or equivalent qualification).
Applicants may be interviewed as part of the selection process. We may ask to see a sample of written work, in a relevant area, as a basis for interview discussion. Interviews will be held face to face if possible. Otherwise, and normally for applicants based outside the UK, we will interview by Skype.